I love Thanksgiving.
I have been lucky enough to cook Thanksgiving dinner for my family and friends for more years than I can recall. I HATE that Christmas has been encroaching on my favorite holiday… I also hate how busy we all get – sometimes I am so busy reading, planning, shopping, prepping and cooking that I forget to stop. I forget to be thankful.. and I have a lot to be thankful for.
I am MOST thankful for:
- Every single member of my large, complicated, amazing, wonderful and confusing family. I am lucky to have ALL of you in my life.
- My husband. I have known you since I was 14, and I honestly do not know who I would be today without you. You are my best friend, biggest cheerleader, and favorite person in the whole wide world. I love you madly.
- My friends. You are all incredible, and I couldn’t imagine my life without any of you in it.
- My readers. I can’t express how much you mean to me. I am still shocked that it’s not just my mom logging on – I am humbled that you are interested in what I have to say, and hope that I make your day a little bit better.
- Those who fight (and have fought) to protect my liberty.
- Organ donors and the miracles of modern science.
- The people who work so hard to grow and harvest the food I put on my table.
- Finding the courage to work towards my dreams.
- My neurotic dog, Cole. You make me laugh more than I could ever have imagined. You taught me patience, and the joy of the unexpected. I would do anything for you.
- Gingerbread Lattes
- Having a good job in this hard economy
- SUPER cute and SUPER high heels
- Quiet nights in and loud nights out
- Anything sparkly
- Navigation systems
- Random acts of kindness
- Noodles in any form
- Hot Coffee
- Lazy Saturdays
- Pretty Sunsets
- Crisp fall days
- Yankee Candles
- Movie night
What are YOU thankful for?